A successful B2B company will use all the tools at its disposal to recruit new clients and tap into new markets. So it's surprising when B2B companies with the proverbial good head on their shoulders voluntarily shy away from delving into eCommerce, because they should be doing just the opposite - embracing eCommerce as a way to invest in their business's future. eCommerce is a powerful force that can help any B2B company drive sales, and here are 5 reasons why your B2B business will benefit from using it:
1. eCommerce sales are growing. Net eCommerce sales in the US have gone from $127 billion in 2007 to $165.4 billion in 2010. That's a 30% increase, indicating major growth, and it shows no signs of slowing anytime soon. Growth of eCommerce sales means growth of your B2B business - but that will happen if and only if you're engaged in eCommerce.
2. Clients want eCommerce. Using online portals to do business cuts costs and makes transactions much more efficient for your clients. They are demanding eCommerce for their business needs, and if your business can't meet them, you'll be left in the dust.
3. Other B2B companies are rushing to meet this growing need. They say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em - but that's not how it works in the business world. If you can't beat them, you're beat, plain and simple. Ignoring eCommerce means letting the competition pass your business by.
4. Increased online presence. Even if you're not doing a ton of sales online at first, the more you engage in eCommerce efforts, the more your business will be visible on the internet, returning in search results on Google, Bing, and the like. Higher visibility means more future business for your company. Your business's search engine rankings can be further helped by starting a business blog, and adding new content to your blog 3-5 times a week.
5. Investment in business future. You will find that updating your systems and getting everything online might take a lot of effort at first, but it will pay off in the long run and save you money. Add this point to the 4 before it, and you'll realize that your B2B business can't afford NOT to make the jump to eCommerce. So what are you waiting for? Start integrating eCommerce into your B2B business immediately, and soon you'll be enjoying increased rate of growth of your business.